Old 07-23-20, 06:45 AM
Choke 
Disciple of St. Tullio

Bikes: Ciöcc, Bianchi, DeRosa, Eddy Merckx, Frejus, Hampsten, Kondor, Losa, Magni, Pegoretti, Pelizzoli, Pogliaghi, Scapin

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by tNuvolari
And I'm wondering about using SwissStop pads on Campy calipers. There are limited options for Campy so I'm wondering if the SwissStop Flash Full pads will fit Campy? These are the full pad carrier or shoe with the pads installed and made for Shimano/SRAM so they come with the entire bolt-on assembly. They are NOT just the pads.

I know these won't fit my Athenas but will they fit newer Campy calipers? Are Shimano/SRAM similar in bolt sizing and general shape to work in Campy calipers?
Those will not fit the newer Campy calipers. Well, they will fit but not properly; the bolt on the newer Campy holders is a larger diameter so those holders will be loose in the slot. The newer Campy holders also won't fit your Athena, unless you want to enlarge the slot which would be a lot of work.

However, those Shimano style holders will fit your Athena calipers. The bolt on your Athena holder is just a hair larger, so in practice it doesn't make any difference. I use that style holder on all of my vintage brakes and I have been very happy with them. And FWIW, I have tried the SwissStop blue pads but I liked the black ones better.