Last ride 76 
1/2 as far in 2x the time

Bikes: Yes, Please.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 283 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by francophile View Post
Finally got back into the shop after my life turned into a dumpster fire. Actually getting to work on stuff for myself versus resale or friends & family.

Great! Except I cracked open my early '80s Grand Record's French thread BB and found this (below) after spinning the lockring off by hand, it was that loose. I knew the previous owner was a dumbass, this is one of many issues I've found. Same bike where the PO clamped too hard on the seat tube and creased it, and firmly jammed a standard-diameter stem into it (vs. correct metric 22.0) because he didn't know any better and I had to mangle a beautiful Black Cinelli stem. But it really rides awesome and I can't part with it yet.

Got oodles of parts, but spindles supply is low, 2hrs digging, no luck. Finding a sealed 35xP1 Shimano sealed 116mm BB will be even more difficult so I've like to stick with cup and bearing balls.

Can anyone hook a fellow BF'er brother up with a fair price on matching spindle, or at least one with same dims? I'm able to trade if there's something of roughly equal value you need.

See my post in looking to trade...