PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 420 Posts
Originally Posted by Charles Wahl
Sutherland's 6th, p. 3-11:

Note that it's for a 70mm BB shell.
70mm is exactly where I need to be, thanks! However, in looking at the D-Spindle Length column, I see this cuts off just a hair shy of where I need to see. Would love to see the remainder of this section if you've got it. Thanks for posting this up!

I may run down and see if I have any Campy ITA 120mm spindles (I think I do) and plop one in just to check fitment, see where my chainline is at. Would also give me an idea whether I've got some flexibility to use something in the 115-118 range rather than trying to replicate the stock 123. I suspect I can eek out a proper chainline in the 118-120 range.

And, yeah 3alarmer I feel your comment. Been there,done that. First historically-recent time I tackled this task was with a OU-18 I was rebuilding for my wife ("It's too heavy!") and it wasn't any fun then either. 2nd recent go-round I literally had a part in my spindle bin that was an excellent match. This time ... not loving it so much! Basically it looks like a hunt to find a spindle in the 70-73mm BB range if you want to make it happen, then do your best to ballpark the DS/NDS crank centerline positions.