View Single Post
Old 07-29-20, 05:26 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
I could say exactly the same of your post. Show me how a stronger rim makes for a stronger wheel. I regularly use the lightest rims I can and have very few issues with rims. I also break very few spokes because I use strong spokes. If rims make for a stronger wheel, why are they replaceable? Rims seldom break and even when they do, they don't spell the death of the wheel. But break several spokes and the wheel is well on its way to being useless.

Show me how you can corner without leaning over and, while you are at it, show me how cornering puts enough stress on the spokes to cause them to break. Do you suggest that iketurner443 and all us Clydes do square corners and stay rigidly upright when we do so? That's not going to happen nor is it necessary.
Man you're hard work! By your own logic and using my own anecdotal evidence, your strong spokes really aren't all that. I've never used triple butted spokes, only ever used straight gauge, double butted and aero CXrays. The ONLY spoke I've ever broken in tens of thousands of miles of road, track and MTB riding was a fatigued double butted spoke that I reused in a rim replacement to get me through a couple of weeks to when we could get new spokes. That's one sub standard spoke vs your few strong spokes.

Try this then, if that doesn't help you to understand, then Wheel stiffness