View Single Post
Old 07-30-20, 07:42 AM
vespasianus

Bikes: Turner 5-Spot Burner converted; IBIS Ripley, Specialized Crave, Tommasini Sintesi, Cinelli Superstar, Tommasini X-Fire Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked 389 Times in 219 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
In the video he stated only that the owner contaced Open and got no reply.
Yeah, at the 2 minute mark he says the chap contacted Open about a warranty claim but told him (Hambini) to go ahead with what he is going to go.

What I don't like is how a single frame is extrapolated to the entire brand. That is just silly. With that said, I don't think most of these carbon frames are made to a high level. I also think this works out to the companies advantage as they might not fail in the first 2-3 years but some time after the warranty has expired. That way, they can blame the customer.

It is also surprising how strong some of these carbon frames are. A person I ride with had a crack on her cervelo right on the top tube maybe 2 inches from the head tube. She rode that thing for maybe 10K miles before having it repaired. I have seen people with carbon MTBs that have major issues ride out the day without issue.

At the same time, when carbon fails, it is completely unpredictable. Which scares the hell out of me.

Last edited by vespasianus; 07-30-20 at 08:02 AM.