Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by Mountain Mitch
i disagree; you can’t dismiss a study based on one brief quote unless you are the one: “biased and [full of] BS”.

But the real point is, don’t just follow the crowd...as I said, figure out what works for you and enjoy the ride! Clearly, clipless isn’t working for the O/P. That’s really all that matters. If it works for you - great!
Sure, fine! I have not and would not have a negative word about the OP, his post, or any of that. I have had perhaps the only helpful words on that in this whole thread.

My objections are only to false characterizations of various techniques, positions, methods, and equipment which sometimes become gospel among certain groups, and especially characterizing certain opinions as "science." Which is a general policy for me, and one which I felt obligated to bring up w/r to your post, not the OP's. We are writing history here which we hope will well serve those who come after us. Try googling a bike issue: you get BikeForums.

Of course you can do what you want as long as you don't crash in front of me, and a lot of that is also my responsibility to avoid, my reason for going to the front of that line and then dropping those riders.

I dismissed that study, and in fact almost all pedaling studies, due to faulty methodology, Perhaps I didn't explain that sufficiently, though I tried to? As we have noticed, the majority of nutritional studies, about 70% IIRC, have been dismissed due to researcher bias.

Last edited by Carbonfiberboy; 07-30-20 at 05:04 PM.