View Single Post
Old 07-31-20, 08:20 AM
reedwm

Bikes: Specialized 2012 Roubaix Elite Rival Compact, Specialized 2020 Crosstrail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,
Glad to hear from you. I have hiked and mountain climbed all my life. Came into biking at age 70, riding a 2012 Roubaix, after doing a bit of biking, but not seriously 25 years previously. Have done centuries and metric centuries here in the relative flat northeast.

PCa started in 2015 with an FLA by Dr. Walser. Needed another one in 2018, so cancer not gone. PSA kept climbing so had some scans and found more cancer, and also 2 mets in left hip. Gleason measured a last year, and checked by Dr. Epstein was 3+4. Mostly 3. Dr. Busch has been involved the last couple of years, and did my last in bore biopsy. We were just playing "Whack-a-mole", so had to get serious.

Have second Firmagon shot Aug 11, and Zytiga when approved by insurance co. Getting SpaceOAR prior to radiation, which will start mid Sept. I hope to be able to do the metric century as part of a virtual Lighthouse ride , the first week in Sept, before radiation. We will see how riding with SpaceOAR goes. The company says riding is OK.

How do I PM you?