Old 08-02-20, 12:16 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
What you say makes sense and I concur about the wear rate on their chainrings but it doesn't correlate with my personal experience for the SL pedals. Mine showed significant wear after one season and were ready to be tossed at the end of the 2nd season, when an axle broke. There was no questions asked on the axle replacement but the rep refused to budge on the cage wear. I was hoping that he would give me a complete new set of pedals but all I got was a replacement axle. That didn't do me any good, given the cage wear. I think I may still have them around, someplace.
Sounds like you gave them quite the miles/workout in less than 2 years! I was surprised to read further and hear about the SL axle breaking - was it on the outboard end? I seem to recall that's where some Ti axles broke, but I could be mis-remembering. Myself, I'm amazed I've not broken one, Ti or steel, in all my years of using/abusing them. I'm not light these days, I push stupid-small gears uphill (I can't help myself there), and have broken at least 5 freewheel cogs in the last few years (3 steel, two alloy) as a result. But never a pedal axle - not even the supposedly-suspect ones in the Barellis. Go figure

Edit: Sorry for my part in derailing the thread there for a bit! Back to front derailleurs...

DD

Last edited by Drillium Dude; 08-02-20 at 12:20 AM.