Old 08-02-20, 12:38 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by AJI125
Did you get what you need? This is 124mm OAL, but looks like 55 for the B dimension. Marked 5SB Cr-Mo 84-J. Sugino Italian cups were with it. Let me know and I can grab more pictures/dimensions.
edit: well crap, this is what I get for wiping off only half. Looks like the races on this side are pitted like crazy.
Got it covered. smontanaro and I worked out an amicable trade, my pedals for a box full of spindles, mostly 68, one 70, and one 73. The single 70mm spindle he had was stamped '5SP' and was PERFECT. It was an Italian spindle with overall 123 length, if memory serves. Put the non-drive arm about 2mm out from original and the drive side is within 1mm, best I could measure. Crank arm clears the chainstay nicely. Now I just need to break it all down again, lube it up (I did a dry fitting).

I let one of my buddies who works with our co-op on French cottered conversions like this semi-regularly, and he scored two NOS spindles from SR marked 5SP with both bolts. He's hoping he'll get the same results, seller was cool enough to let them go for $16/ea which I know will help out the co-op a lot..