Old 08-03-20, 10:36 PM
aliasfox

Bikes: Lynskey R270 Disc, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 131 Posts
Originally Posted by cvrle1
Thanks for the info. I took the bike to local bike mechanic to give it a proper look over. It needed proper tune up, (everything torqued to proper specs, brake cables tightened and few other regular maintenance items). After looking over it he said wheels are new, chain is new (no stretch, chain checker showed reading of 0.25) cassette looks new. When I told him that seller said it was barely used and maybe put 250km on it, he said he would tend to agree that it is barely used bike. He provided me with weight of the bike as well, which was cool to know. 10.63 Kg. I havent ridden it in a bit as I am waiting for bin shorts to come in. Few rides I did do with regular shorts werent that comfy haha. Once that is here I am thiunking about getting it fitted properly. I can even use extended medical from work to get this done for free, so no reason not to do it really. It cant hurt for sure.
Give the stock saddle a try with the shorts, but you may end up deciding in the long term that you’ll want something different. Saddle fit is pretty unique to each person. My Lynskey came with a 129mm saddle IIRC, and it felt like a wedge back there. Switched to a Prologo at 142mm wide and I’m much more comfy. Width, amount of padding, shape, and cutouts all have to do with your own position on the bike, as well as your sit bones. If your fit ends up being more upright, you’ll probably want a slightly wider saddle, if you’re lower and more rotated, you’ll likely want something a bit narrower.

As for the cables, if the bike shifts and brakes well, then no issues.
Likes For aliasfox: