Old 08-04-20, 06:29 PM
Markeologist

Bikes: Since new: 85/86 Rodriguez Tandem, wife's 87 Gitane Team Pro, 92 Burley Rock-n-Roll, 85 Fisher Comp, 88 Puch Pro, two 92 Bridgestone X0-1s; later: 66/67 Gitane Champion du Monde, late 60s/early 70s B.Carre, my 87 Gitane Team Pro, 77/78 Ritchey Tandem

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 76 Posts
My wife and I bought a Burley Rock-n-Roll brand new back in 93 as we were already tandem riders as well as off road riders from very early 80s. We picked the Burley because it was relatively cheap but still rode like a solid, quality tandem. First thing we did was pull the straight bars and install XO-2 and XO-3 bars (capt and stoker respectively) as we were also riding XO-1s for our daily commutes and loved the moustache bars. We wanted a general beater, something we could take into the Berkeley/Oakland Hills, run over to Marin for a day of off roading , and make local evening runs to the micro-breweries that were much fewer in number back in those days. We are still riding the Pub Crawler today (its been so lettered since it was new..,I did the lettering at the same time I exchanged the bars). Pic is from last week, a little dirt ride at South Shore with a visit to the Hangar for a beer....life is good on a tandem.

Reminds me of what Rivendell is doing with their tandems the last couple of years....Grant, did you ever see this leaning on a wall in front of Triple Rock or Bison Brewing back in the day?

Last edited by Markeologist; 08-04-20 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo