Old 08-04-20, 07:32 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 193 Posts
Here's an idea for the OP. Instead of converting to flat bar why not try a shorter stem as suggested and also add cross levers for braking from the tops. I did that on a bike I recently upgraded and my daughter loves it even though she actually finds she brakes from the hoods more often. You could also get wider bars if you think it necessary but that requires a lot more parts to move. You can add the cross levers by simply pulling the cable, cutting the housing in the appropriate place, reinstalling the cable with the appropriate length, and rewrapping the bars. I was surprised at how easy they were to install, except that I was replacing levers, calipers, cables and housing all at once. They work as well as the main levers and you can use either, even with each hand on a different one. The calipers are new Centaur and are very good.

And btw, this bike is a rocket. Those early C'dales were very stiff, and this was the stiffest, most aggressive one of them all. Someday I'll put my better wheels on it to give it a try, but that'll require a new chain since they are 10sp and this is only 6sp. I did put on my Assioma pedals though when I took it for a test spin, can't ride flat pedals anymore,

Last edited by zacster; 08-04-20 at 07:37 PM.