Old 08-08-20, 04:01 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2124 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 832 Posts
Originally Posted by enso_on View Post
hi,

i've been scouring the internet for years but to no avail. my mid-life crisis could be a beautiful thing if i can find someone to part with or introduce me to my dream bike.

thank you much in advance.

j
First of all, welcome aboard, glad you found us.

That being said you are preaching to the choir.

Most of us would like to find the same thing and for you needing a small older one will be no small task.

I don't think I have ever even seen any chrome ones for sale.

You may be able to find a broker or collector to help but the ask will likely be very cost prohibitive, $$$$$$.

When I jumped back into this 7-8 years ago I found a 1960 SC 62cm, my size, repainted, a bit rough, no headbadge but many of the special pieces, HS, SP, BB, SP binder bolt.

Paid dearly, glad I did but still look for a complete that has not presented itself, yet.

So good luck, you never know but if you have been on the hunt that long, you may need to temper your want, get something for a place holder, maybe not chrome, or another size up or down to maybe bring some karma your way, this has worked for me more than a couple of times believe it or not.