View Single Post
Old 08-11-20, 01:46 AM
francois.girard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3rdgenerationbi View Post
Safe to say the 1995 stumpjumper M2 after 22 years of hard use is still going strong!!!

This was my grandpa's race bike in the 90's and 00's competed in local and bigger NORBA races in multiple states.
The bike saw over 1000 miles in its first year in 1995 alone. It's had multiple drive trains on it as well as different suspension forks over the years.

Fast foward to 2017 - removed and replaced the 3x8 with a Shimano XT Deore 3x9 NOS drivetrain and shifters .
Removed the marzocchi superfly bomber Z2 front fork and replaced with an manitou r7 100mm fork

Swapped the narrow TI bars for 660 wide flat carbon bars (Had risers on for a few months in between in this picture) and a 50mm -7 stem (combat slacker geometry from new fork) & new sealed bearing headset

Replaced cranks with NOS truvativ cranks and replaced the time atac pedals for shimano m530's

Bike is an absolute blast to ride, I do not take it easy on this bike either. Slacker HA makes downhills ten times better and still handles and climbs like a beast. Technical singletrack is tore up by this 22 year old steed. I hope someone sees this post and can maybe bring another one of these bikes to life again. I'm having so much fun and just knowing I'm sitting in the same cockpit as Grandpa is an irreplaceable feeling.
What headset did you use? What are the specs for Stumpjumper M2 1995?