Old 08-11-20, 08:39 PM
jimbossa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rccardr View Post
2-3mm lateral shift means either a loose cup (DS cup in pic appears properly seated) or some serioisly worn out ball bearings. If itís bearings there will be more damage to the spindle.
As Spago said,unusual for a cup to back out later in life.
Literally ANY italian threaded 113-115 mm Shimano or Shimano compatible BB will interface just fine with that crankset. UN55 is better and there are more italian threaded ones out there (checked eBay and they are out there for like $30 plus shipping)
Velo Orange sells one that I think is rebranded Tange and they are also good.
Spend more or less, your choice. Personally, I would buy the needed tools and do it myself if my LBS was unable or backed up.
Thanks. I'll explore this option. Checked Velo Orange and unfortunately they do not have anything Italian threaded larger than 110mm. Out of curiosity, how are both the 130mm and 150mm compatible. 2cm extra seems surprising, or am I assuming I'll need to readjust the front derailleur?

A forum member, Jethin has mentioned he may have a BB and might be able to help me replace it.

Originally Posted by ascherer View Post
Have you checked with Larry's Freewheeling on 110th? You'd need to speak with Larry himself, the young folks are nice but have no idea what you're talking about. He may have something in his stash.
I'll check this store out tomorrow and ask for Larry - hopefully he's in. It is relatively close to me. I checked out Velo NYC, Bicycle Renaissance, Sid's, and Zen bikes.
Likes For jimbossa: