Old 08-12-20, 06:34 PM
ascherer 

Bikes: 1987 Mercian Pro, 1971 Raleigh International, 1971 Peugeot PX-10E, 1970 Raleigh Professional Mk1

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked 900 Times in 400 Posts
Originally Posted by jimbossa View Post
Thanks for the Larry's recommendation! Stopped by there this morning. Larry was out but one of his employees had a look, diagnosed it as a loose cup issue ( i should have included more pics for you guys) and tightened the cups/bb. Only issue is apparently I've now developed a front derailleur issue. I've toyed around with limiter screws in addition to the cable but the derailleur is refusing to shift out of my high gear - not really a problem I guess as I rarely ever used the low gear - and a problem I'll leave till I'm working again.

Thank you for the kind offer - i actually live in the UWS too. As I mentioned above, larry's shop seems to have fixed the BB issue - at least for now. I appreciate you offering your tools out but I'm sure I would have botched the job even with multiple tutorials.

I know my profile says Seattle. Definitely due for a change. Its leftover from when I started the account and I was in undergrad. I've actually lived in three cities since but always intended to move back to Seattle hence the lack of change.
Cool, glad that's handled. All three of us in the UWS. If only group rides were a thing...and it was less than 90 degrees out.