View Single Post
Old 08-16-20, 05:38 PM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,280 Times in 740 Posts
A great story. Reminds me of my gf. She had a mediocre bike and I was trying to convince her to buy a new one. So, on a pretense, I took her to the LBS to show her a bike I really loved. It was a new Masi Gran Criterium S with all Dura Ace and retailed at $4200. Didn't really matter though. I was just trying to get her there to buy a Fuji I thought she should have. So, I show her the Masi and I tell her I wanted her to see it because it "speaks to me." Then, matter of factly, I say, "Hey, look at that Fuji. And, it's your size. You should think about that." She says she's not really ready to get a new bike. She goes home. I go home. About an hour later the LBS owner calls and says I need to come down to the shop. Why? "Just come down." So, I go down to the LBS. I walk in and he says "Check what's behind door number 2." What? On the small dressing room curtain there's a hand written sign that says, "Door No. 2." So, I open the curtain and there's the Masi. I say, "What's this about?" He says, "I don't know but your GF said, 'He says this bike speaks to him. I'll take it for his birthday.' " At this point I say, "Damn. Now I guess I need to buy that Fuji for her birthday." Walked out with 2 bikes.

Likes For bruce19: