View Single Post
Old 08-16-20, 06:57 PM
grubetown

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by banjaboy
Hey thanks guys, great advice and I appreciate it. I went over to have a look yesterday and its truly mint. It was a spare trail bike the family had used for when friends came for a visit. We are up here in Whistler BC, the owner is a hard core downhiller, not with this bike. I dont want a 29er, I am old school and and an old dude. This conventional hardtail is just what I was looking for. Shock is coil spring, just my style, drive train is XTR except for rear derailleur, even XTR front hub. Frame is a work of art, I think Genesis were made in Britain when this was built before they moved to Taiwan. The only thing I dont like are the super wide bars, 780 I believe and green grips easy to cut the bars down. I know I know but remember Im an old bastard, like em a bit narrower. Shock is simple to service, nothing to really go wrong. The owner is a really hands on owner and kept it mint. He feels its never been anywhere other than walking trails. Honestly, it does look brand new. I gave him $200 to hold it until today and I can change my mind if I like. I purposely went without my rack on so I wouldnt make a hasty choice. I think I should pull the trigger, what do you think guys. BTW, what do you recommend for a flat pedal?
Pedal recommendation - Tenet Occult