View Single Post
Old 08-17-20, 02:07 PM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 135 Posts
I've left my 530 on a number of times after a ride to give it time to sync, then forget it and it runs down. I notice when I go put it on a charger to top it off and realize it's at 0%. No big deal. I don't keep it on a computer, but have a 6-port USB charger I hook it up to along with the Varia and everything else that needs charging. I'm much more annoyed by the removal of bike profiles, just the other day I rode off and the computer had connected to the Di2 on a different bike. Had to stop, tell it to disconnect, and connect the correct one. This is made doubly annoying by not being able to name sensors, and I can't remember a dozen IDs. I have the Di2 battery % on a status and summary screen, which means when I check the battery level before leaving I might be checking the wrong unit. Sometimes it prompts me to calibrate the PM and I can't tell which one - and so I set the drive side to 6 o'clock and it then updates the calibration of the other crank which points any which way. Garmin clearly doesn't have a handle on any of this, apart from their software backend services being flaky AF.
"This 7:48 cycling session burned 5933 calories. Speed up recovery by replacing them with a healthy snack." - Whoop