Old 08-18-20, 06:52 PM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1097 Post(s)
Liked 559 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by flx100
When I was choosing drivetrain for my bike I was considering Chorus 12, but ended with Force. Some days i regret it, but the grass is always greener..
I'm no expert, but I read somewhere that the rollers of the Flattop chain (Force and Red) have a larger diameter, and as such, should not be compatible with Campy or Shimano drivetrains. I'm surprised it works with your campy chain rings. Don't get me wrong, i love the fact you're mixing it up, just wanted to throw it out there. It's not only the spacing on the cassette that matters.
(This is also why regular chain-checkers supposedly don't work - you have to measure manually or from back-to-back of the rollers)
The axs rollers are .006 inch larger in diameter than standard #41 chains. They are a #40 . I've had no problem after a year of using the axs chain. I avoided force axs because it cost twice as much as Campy 12. It's still far more expensive, even with the recent price reductions.

You don't need a chain checker to measure chain wear. A 12 inch rule or full length measurement will give you actual elongation and calipers between the outer plates gives you the roller wear.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roll...hain_standards