Old 08-19-20, 05:13 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4268 Post(s)
Liked 2,236 Times in 1,442 Posts
Try some DripDrip electrolyte powder. Comes in single serving Mylar stick envelopes, waterproof and easy to tuck into even a minimalist seat bag, jersey or sock. Amusing flavors like watermelon, lemon, etc. Very mild flavor, no unpleasant aftertaste. Best stuff I've tried, and I've tried 'em all.

Pricey but no worse than NUUN or others. Sometimes I'll use cheaper stuff like Propel for routine water bottles, but if I feel a bit woozy or crampy during or after a ride I'll mix up some cold water with DripDrop. Works within about 15 minutes. I've used it on two people who passed out from heat exhaustion and it worked quickly for them too.

There's nothing magical in it, same electrolytes as others, but they nailed the perfect balance of ingredients. It has just a tiny bit of sugar to help with rapid absorption of fluid.

It works so well I got some for a friend who runs a contracting business that involves a lot of hot work. He and his crew swear by it now, and they'd also tried many other sport drinks.

After hard workout rides or long hot rides I'll take a magnesium lactate capsule too. Seems to be the most effective form of magnesium. I got the tip from a friend who swears by SportLegs. I thought it seemed pricey and just bought the listed ingredients, which included mag lactate. That seems to be the real secret to SportLegs. Sure reduced my nighttime sudden cramps. I literally fell in the floor a couple of times with spasms in my sleep. Completely freaked out my three cats, who insist on sleeping with or on me. I'm happy. Cats are happy.
Likes For canklecat: