LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 320 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
^^^^ seems a little more serious than bad grease

I have a really cool doctor who I see when things get really bad. We talk otherwise. He actually suspected norovirus aside from a symptom or two. The only other thing that fit is/was Salmonella.
Basically whatever it was likely only made me sick the first few days. He suggests that afterwards my stomach biome has been off and the symptoms hanging on are more an indication of that. I was only truly nauseous the first day and I think that had more to do with my gut moving so quickly. With my being able to eat and the lack of any other serious indicators (like blood) we opted not to go the hospital route.
I am still suffering just a touch from it, but a steady flow of Greek Yogurt seems to be helping things along nicely. My weight loss settled out, all said I am sitting on right at 26# of weight loss since early August. The really cool aspect, if there is one, is that my guts are COMPLETELY empty, reset, and even small portions are more than enough right now. It may end up being a bit of a blessing in disguise.