View Single Post
Old 08-23-20, 10:48 AM
BromptonINrio
Stardust

Bikes: Dahon Curve Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton Sturmey Archer Srf8; Brompton M6r

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Winfried
"Anyway, pedaling efficiency notably improved, and all nasty crunchy noises were gone. So, it's nice that you can re-lubricate this thing by just taking the crank off the spindle and giving it a fluid bath. Woot.

The really disappointing news was to see that the torque arm against the chainstay was digging into the aluminum of my 2011 Mukluk frame. The digging was "plastic deformation", IMO there needs to be a much bigger rubber-covered load spreader as it used on the FSA Patterson crank to useful effect. Will this gouge break my frame? Beats me. I'll keep an eye on it.

And I'm sorry the trigger shifter ergonomics are not good.I have to wrap my left thumb to an unpleasant angle sometimes, and the sheer size of the shifter makes sharing real estate with other bar components a troublesome situation.

OH, right, if you are going to do a lube bath on one of these, it's messy enough during the tip-over step that the outer shell (that contacts your right calf) will get pretty nasty. Gonna want to use a localized degreaser right there, or you'll get a grime mark on the entire inside of your calf. First time I've had to use Dawn dish soap in the shower.

Glad I lubed it overall, the pedaling is quite nice and quiet again."

https://forums.mtbr.com/internal-gea...nk-934753.html

i seems to need the same mainteance as internal hubs. Dissassamble once in a year and oil change.