Bigbus
Very Senior Member

Bikes: Giant Quasar & Fuji Roubaix

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 343 Times in 244 Posts
Originally Posted by Flakarter
Bigbus, my 26" Gary Fisher has served me well for years, and the 29ers look so much bigger. I understand they roll better once going, but I like the 27.5 for less overall weight, quicker turning, and less rotational weight so it will hopefully accelerate and climb easier.
I loved my 26"-it was very agile, light, and I was envious of my friends full suspension Gary Fisher haha. I used a 29" Motobecane semi-fat tire for work and even though it was a very comfortable ride, I never was able to adjust to the 29" tire when it came to riding down the side of a mountain trail with switchbacks and very steep drops with turns at the bottom. I found myself riding the brakes a lot (hyd disk), something I rarely did on my 26". Then I got an opportunity to ride a 27.5 and knew I'd found the sweet spot. I had comfort, agility, speed, and never looked back. Now I'm also in the market for another as my old one is becoming antiquated like me. I can't do much about me, but I can upgrade my ride haha. Take care,