davei1980
Very Slow Rider

Bikes: Jones Plus LWB, 1983 Centurion Japanese CrMo bike

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 101 Posts
Originally Posted by DeadGrandpa
So, you do wear all other types of women's clothing? Interesting.

To the OP, you don't really need the Lycra, padded shorts and jerseys with pockets in the back. I wear Columbia loose shorts (had mesh liner which I removed) over compression boxers, no padding. I wear dri-tech wicking shirts, many from Walmart, etc.
Good question, no, I do not and that wasn't me you quoted :-)

The only thing I like to wear that's Lycra is bibs/shorts. I usually wear some sort of dri-fit material tee in hot weather (like the ones they giveaway in 5k races), I also have some short sleeve plaid shirts that work well. I used to wear shorts over my bibs but quit that for the most part because it's just one more thing to haul around. I do enjoy riding with a chamois with my type of saddle but I do have another bike that will be better for any type of clothing. I don't take myself too seriously, I usually wear socks with astronauts or eggs and toast, etc. I don't care about aero or speed, pretty much just comfort. In the winter I wear Lycra leggings with some sort of 1/4 zip pullover and, if wet, a waterproof shell. Always gloves. Never not gloves. I wear gloves on rides even if I wear no helmet (which is fairly rare but does happen from time to time)

Right now, I am riding every AM with just one set of bibs so it's a lot of washing and drying so I have been on the lookout for Lycra shorts with chamois or similar bibs.

Last edited by davei1980; 08-26-20 at 11:56 AM.