View Single Post
Old 08-31-20, 10:43 AM
Jdkuban

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New wheel set

Hi. I am new to the forum but need some help with replacement wheels.

I ride a 2018 carbon frame specialized diverge with tiagra gear set and stock axis wheels. The rear wheel has cracks next to 4-5 of the nipples and creaks pretty bad when I ride, so I need new wheels.

I ride 60-90 miles/week for exercise in addition to 7 mile commute, all of which is on pavement, though some of it is rough, with some curbs, grass and gravel for short segments. In addition about once every other month I take the bike on single track/MTB trails for a couple hours. So while I got a ‘gravel bike’ the reality is that 99% of my miles are on pavement and I have really enjoyed building speed on the road. I recently changed from 38 c to 30c and love the speed I am getting (averaging 18mph for 25-30 mile rides). I want new wheels to reflect what I am actually riding, which is mostly increasing speed on road, but maintain the ability to do infrequent light off-road/gravel rides. I ride on a tube but am open to tubeless. Also, I weight 230 lb which is a limiting factor.

So I have found some options but wanted opinions from someone with more experience. Budget is 1k but can push to 1300 as needed.

Zipp 303 s

Bontrager aelus pro 3

Bontrager aelus pro 5

Mavic kysrium pro

Hunt 30 Carbon gravel

Thanks for the input!