View Single Post
Old 08-31-20, 07:28 PM
royphotog

Bikes: 1979 Centurion Omega, 95(?) Rocky Mountain Sherpa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts

Thanks again to all of you who posted when I purchased the Rocky Mountain Sherpa back in the first part of August. T-mars post that the seller could use a lesson in photography. I think he actually had a course because he knew what not to photograph. He definitely knew what he was talking about and knew bikes. I believe he got this from someone in the Bay Area (
San Francisco) and turned it for a profit. Nothing wrong with that.

It did have a few things that needed fixing, two broken spokes, a couple worn out chainrings, and that rear tire, while having plenty of tread, was years old. So cracked on the sidewalls that I could not even read the tire size. The front tire is old also: If I read the date code right, it was made in the middle of 2005 but seams in good shape, so I keep it. I did replace the rear tire, added a rear rack, changed out the old quill stem, and put on new handlebars, which gave me a little rise to the bars and made it fit better for me. I also added a bottle cage and speedometer and fit a new set of grips. The only other thing is maybe a new set of peddles.

All in all, I learned a lot from this bike. I may have paid too much for it at $175 plus the parts I had to add, but I am having fun wrenching on it, and now, with the new raised bar, it’s a blast to ride. I have no regrets.