Old 08-31-20, 11:02 PM
InvertedMP 

Bikes: 2021 Scott Addict RC 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by cthenn
I rode today and yesterday. AQI yesterday was in the 70-120 range, depending on your conversion, but unfortunately, there aren't any sensors on Diablo. I rode up to the junction, and at about 1500' the smoke started getting really bad. By the time I reached the junction, I could tell my breathing was restricted, labored, and I was breathing in ash. Descending SG, I spent the entire time coughing up phlegm and gunk from my lungs. And the rest of the ride and afternoon my lungs were hurting when I took a deep breath. It's no joke when you get into unhealthy, smoky air just how much it can mess you up! Today was much better, both in terms of AQI and practically speaking. Still a slight haze, but the air didn't smell smoky and I had no ill effects.

If the AQI was 150 or up, I definitely would not be riding, probably even with N95, the stuff I dealt with yesterday on Diablo for only about 15 minutes of riding was awful.
Yea I rode yesterday and I typically am on Iron Horse and go though Arbolado park. I was coughing and had flem and I didn’t even climb lol. Today I did Zwift inside. Hoping to do my loop in the morning tomorrow.