View Single Post
Old 09-02-20, 12:16 AM
dirtman

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Well, after riding this a bit I got tired of the mismatched fork and chainguard on this thing.
It took a bit of trial and error but I got the paint matched pretty good and solved the problem.
Now I need to find a way to copy the graphics. I've not seen a clear pic of one of these in a single speed yet,
I think the fork and chain guard were off a ladies bike so the CG graphics would be wrong, and likely a bit older than this bike.
For what its worth, its a surprisingly light and easy bike to ride. My newer Mongoose single speed feels like a tank compared to this.

The only thing wrong with the new paint is that its too perfect compared to the rest of the bike but I really didn't want to tear it all down and then loose all the decals. The CG decals appear to have bee screen printed not a decal, but I'm not sure what would a 70's model would have had. The rest of the graphics are all heavy reflective decals. I guess it was their way of not having to add any reflectors?
The rear fender has no rear hole for a reflector, nor does the back of the saddle. The pedals are Crown brand and have reflectors. When I ride it at night I just clip on an LED tail light to the seat post, but I avoid anywhere there's any sort of traffic most of the time anyhow.

Likes For dirtman: