View Single Post
Old 09-06-20, 06:37 PM
AJ1515

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts
hsu...I am pretty sure it is crooked in that picture! I was playing around with spacers and saddle height, and I think that may have been a day when I had the seat topper too high on the seat tube, allowing for some play back and forth between the topper and the post. I've fixed that...

Veganbikes: The design and component packages from Aphelion--until you get to their 4300 pound sterling road bike-- are odd. High quality ti frame, custom geometry facilitated by an incredibly responsive sales team, really lovely carbon fork and handle bars, and then very heavy and very "stock" pedals, saddle, wheels, and tires. I'm a small dude--roughly 76 cm inseam--so that helps bring the weight of the bike down, but between the Fabric saddle, the Egg Beater pedals, and the Ellipses, I was able to shave 1-1.2 kg off the bike without spending a ton more.

I fell in love with the aesthetics of ti frames when I taught 5 or 6 blocks down the road from Firefly Bikes in Boston. The picture above really doesn't do justice to just how lovely the frame looks. In terms of ride feels, I've moved from 32mm tires on an alloy frame + steel fork to 25mm tires supporting the ti frame and the carbon components, and the difference in comfort is pretty astounding even with the much narrower tires.