cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by kunsunoke
This market is wildly inconsistent. Vintage stuff is overpriced (particularly on eBay) and nobody wants it. Cheap stuff is overpriced and nobody wants it. But if your bike is from one of the large brands (Orbea, Focus, Trek, Canyon, Cannondale, Specialized, etc.), priced reasonably and under ten years old, it sells, very quickly.

I think everyone is going a little stir-crazy, thanks to the pandemic.

Some eBay sellers have an issue with malignant narcissism. I had an encounter with one of those people earlier this year.

I'd purchased a Campagnolo Record headset advertised to be in good, functional condition. Upon inspection, bearings were found to be badly corroded, with a severely pitted crown race. I figured the seller hadn't checked and that he'd be fine with a return.

The seller proceeded to tell me (in condescending fashion) that I didn't know what I was looking at, that he was a bike builder and that the headset was sent in usable condition. The photomicrographs and SEMs I took of the damage were then uploaded and I had eBay handle the claim, which was summarily refunded in full.

Narcissistic doesn't mean smart.
^
This is probably the wisest post in this entire thread.

-Kurt

Likes For cudak888: