Old 09-08-20, 08:57 PM
reburns

Bikes: 2005 Trek T2000; 2005 Co-motion Speedster Co-pilot; various non-tandem road and mountain bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 39 Posts
Would just like to make sure I understand; when you say ghost shifting, the behavior you are describing is that, under high torque such as steep climbing or out of the saddle efforts, the bike suddenly shifts to a different gear on its own accord, correct? Not skipping, but in a new gear. Is that new gear a higher or lower gear? Does it happen more often in certain gears than others? For instance, if you are climbing, I would expect you to be in a low gear. Does the bike then shift to a higher gear/smaller cog? Does your gear indicator change at all when this happens? Can the stoker see the chain on a different cog than you selected, or even a different chain wheel? And the bike then shifts back to the originally selected gear when you let up on pedal pressure, correct?

I’m mystified why this would happen with a wireless derailleur vs a cable actuated derailleur. Did the chain line change significantly when you made the "upgrade"?

Sorry, none of this is helpful, but curious minds are wondering...