Old 09-08-20, 09:24 PM
steelbikeguy

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked 3,373 Times in 1,579 Posts
Originally Posted by schundog
I am looking forward to this ride again this year, Steve. Thanks for putting it on. I just wish I had a sexier steel steed than the same Bianchi I brought last year, but that's what I'm bringing. I tried to wheel and deal with the owner of Russell's in Washington on a sweet late 70s Trek he has had for quite a while, but, with the bike shortage due to the pandemic, he wouldn't budge. It's probably just as well. I DID this summer buy an interesting red and yellow 1997 Cannondale R800 from an acquaintance of yours named Mark. I mentioned your ride, and he knew you, and the Wheelm'n president that rode with us last year, saying he's known her since she was a baby. It's a small world.

Ted will most likely not be joining us this year, due to COVID concerns and the safety of his elderly mother.
Glad to hear that you plan to attend! Now I just have to cross a few more fingers and hope the weather doesn't end up nasty.

Also glad that you've gotten the 'dale that you were hoping for... or is this in addition to the 'dale you mentioned last year?? ...and I'm guessing that Mark was Mr. Padesky? Good heavens... I've known most of these folks since coming to Peoria in the mid 90's. The bike world here does seem small, but I'm still amazed to at what I learn. Bushwacker had a "show off your vintage bike" day a couple of years ago, and one fellow had Mino Denti tandem (whoever heard of Italian tandems?) and a Pegoretti....

It's just amazing what shows up when you ask people to drag cool bikes out of their garages!

Steve in Peoria
(still really hoping the weather stays dry for Saturday)
Likes For steelbikeguy: