Old 09-08-20, 10:28 PM
royphotog

Bikes: 1979 Centurion Omega, 95(?) Rocky Mountain Sherpa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 28 Posts
New pedals for mountain/hybrid

I recently bought off Craigslist a mid-90s Rocky Mountain Sherpa, and I'm not sure what to call this bike, a mountain bike or a hybrid? It's a hard tale, no suspension and I ride mostly on pavement but do plan to take it on some gravel roads. I do not plan to do any serious mountain biking with it. No single track stuff. I have set it up so that for me it rides well except the peddles. What came with the bike when I got it were some small, kind of ratty, metal paddles. They may have been what came on the bike, but I am not sure and it doesn't really matter. One question I have is for this type of riding that I do and plan on doing, do I want to get toe clips? I have them for an old road bike and really like using them. (I don't want clipless peddles as I like wearing my regular walk around shoes), I don't want to have to get special shoes for riding. I see a lots of wide mountain bike peddles for sale and think they look cool but looking cool and working good is another question. any recommendations?