View Single Post
Old 09-12-20, 10:39 AM
Rherdegen

Bikes: 50 and 51 Raleigh Superbe Sports Tourist, 53 Hercules King Coronation Celebration, 55? Automoto roadster, 68 Raleigh Sports, 76 Zebrakenko Wind, 80 Raleigh Tourist, 82 Trek 720, 87 MCycle custom, 90 Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
1976 Zebrakenko Wind

Originally Posted by casanewt
Well, since no one seems to like zombie threads, I'll start a new one to muddy the waters. I just found what appears to be a 1980/81 Zebrakenko Wind(based on the serial number and other research). Frame quality is pretty good from what I can see, but not Fuji/Miyata, etc. level. Very well spec'd out part-wise though. The most odd thing I notice is the downward sloping top tube. I wonder if that was the intention or if they spec'd a shorter fork length for some reason. Other pictures of these seem to match the slope I am seeing. This is one gorgeous bike!

A bit late to this discussion...but my 1976 Zebrakenko Wind looks nearly identical to yours, with the most obvious exception of the bar end shifters. I bought this new in ‘77, and with the exception of the replacement seat (I still have the original which is in decent condition) and toe clips it is all original. Still have the spoke protector, though i have no idea what became of the reflectors (which came off immediately anyway).

Likes For Rherdegen: