ERabbit
Boardwalk Loving

Bikes: Felt Brogham, Vitus Dura Ace Build, Vintage Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Gravel 1x vs Gravel 2x as Road Bike?

Hey guys - I have been heavily debating getting a gravel bike to use as my "road bike" I like the idea of a little more relaxed/endurance geometry, bigger tires for a smoother ride, etc. I will be primarily using this as a "Road Bike" not really gravel riding.

Have been narrowing it down to several different models of Specialized Diverge or Giant Revolt Advanced. One of the Diverge models I really like aesthetically is Comp E5 which has a 40t Chainring and 11-42 Casette.

My ? is, will this be too limiting from a gearing perspective? Would I be better off in everyone's opinion with a 2x setup, seeing that this will be used primarily on the road.

I'm fairly physically fit, 6'1 180 thinking size 58. Would like to use cyclings to supplement my surfing when the waves aren't great, as another type of exercise that is fun and has much less impact physically than running.

Debating between just getting a base model diverge, riding it and figuring out what I want to do (I.e upgrade from 8spd to something better groupset wise, wheels, etc), going with the 1x Diverge Comp 11sd/Giant Revolt Advanced 1 1x 11spd or Giant Revolt Advanced 2 or 3 2x

I would appreciate the opinions/advice/insight from you guys who are much more experienced when it comes to this than I am haha

Diverge Comp E5

Diverge Base

Giant Revolt Advanced Models