Old 09-15-20, 07:30 PM
sovende

Bikes: TNTL (Too numerous to list)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by dddd
Great find, the 210 of that year should have Canti brakes and relaxed 72-degree frame angles, at least for the middle-sized frames. So it's a true tourer, moreso than the six-ten.

Don't bother "fixing" a rusty chain, they break and this is dangerous. A decent new modern chain is cheap and is better than any chain that this bike came with.

You might want to just "oil can tune-up" the bearings so as to be able to do evaluation riding, making sure no bearings are running tight.

What color is your 210? I found a couple of gold ones from that era about 15 years ago at the thrift store.
I'll take the hint and ditch the chain 👍. I have a drawer full of NOS parts to include several chains! Just a bit ago I thought that doing an "oil can tune-up" (but haven't heard of the phrase before &#129300 might be better than doing a tear down and rebuild not knowing if it's necessary. If this bike has the low mileage that I suspect, re-vitalizing the lubricants may spare me the consequences of improperly adjusting them when reassembled. For sure if any components do need R&R, I will do so but not if it isn't necessary 🙂.
RE: the color, I think it's called "Sandstone" kind of a quartzy gold color. I like it 👍.