Old 09-17-20, 09:24 AM
pcb 

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 626 Times in 286 Posts
This '72 Hetchins Italia was all-original, mostly unridden, and cleaned/detailed by the seller, who bought it at an estate sale. Before FedEx almost killed it. It's now near-mint, with numerous new small scrapes and paint chips, minus the rims FedEx trashed, and I managed to re-bend the rear rack mostly straight. Waiting on some Earle Young-built wheels using the original Campy HF hubs and Pacenti Brevet rims. I ride it with the newer/wider Nitto bars/stem shown, a kinda period-correct wheelset, and I couldn't help myself from upgrading the calipers from Weinmann centerpulls to Campy side-pulls. And I upgraded the original steel Gran Sport rder to a Rally. There was a short-lived long-cage Campy NR rder experiment, before I got the Rally. That photo shows the original steel-cage Record pedals, now replaced by the MKS Urban pedals and stainless MKS clips. Oh, and the bar-mount bottle cage setup isn't original, or the chain. Or the cables/casing. So it's all-original, 'cept for all the stuff that ain't. Kept all the original parts.