Old 09-20-20, 08:08 PM
sheddle

Bikes: my precious steel boys

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked 603 Times in 359 Posts
Originally Posted by eeuuugh
How did you transport the bike to the shop? Did you speak with the owner on the phone, or an employee? Next step may be to take the frame back to the shop and respectfully ask to speak to the owner and look at the workstands to see if the clamps they use match the indentations on the frame.
n.
I spoke with both the owner and one of the mechanics who worked on it (more than one mech touched the bike which I think makes a mistake more likely). Owner deferred to the mechanics, which was fair, and the mechanics were adament that the damage was existent when they received the bike.

Once again this is a shop with a very good reputation and that I generally trust- which makes me think that they're not lying- but they might be simply wrong. I've made enough mistakes with repairs in my life to know that sometimes your memory is outright faulty, and that the part you swear on the Bible you left on the counter is in fact inexplicably on the windowsill by the bathroom.

I was going to take the bike to the Rodriguez shop, since they also offer frame repair, and hopefully get a quote.