Old 10-01-20, 08:54 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,798 Times in 1,798 Posts
No problems with my Wahoo Tickr. It's about 18 months old, used every ride and almost every day including for walks. I've replaced the battery a couple of times. No problems with sweat induced leaks or corrosion on the Tickr device. The double stick tape that holds the sensors to the elastic strap are coming loose but I can probably fix that. I wash the strap once in awhile when it looks frosty from dried salty sweat.

Some battery compartments are sealed better than others. On some devices the O-rings are a bit fragile or difficult to replace properly in the baffled slots. No problems with my Tickr though.

I see some aftermarket replacement straps that are supposedly compatible with Wahoo, Garmin and other HR monitors. I might try one.

My only complaint about chest mounted HRMs is having to tug the strap up after it slides down. Or snugging it down so tight it digs into my ribs. But the sensor doesn't seem to care about positioning, as long as it's somewhere on the chest. It could probably work with the adhesives and goop used by hospitals to secure heart monitor electrodes.