Old 10-02-20, 01:38 PM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
Dang, people itching for arguments by misinterpreting a simple observation into an attempt to prove or disprove something.

Been riding a lot of years. Lived all over the country, all over the world actually. Don't know if it is all the goings on but this year but I've noticed a very high increase in the number of black people out on the trails. At least in my area. Many are on enviously nice bikes, much nicer than anything I've owned.

So I've wondered what is up with that, maybe something covid related? Weather was nice, maybe that had something to do with it. Don't think my observation is a personal awareness issue because I've always been pretty aware, especially of anything on bicycles.

But on the issue, I do know there are a lot of well off black people living in the burbs of DC. I work with some of them.

I wonder if that is the reason some people don't buy expensive bikes, economics? Or does race define everything?

Which reminds me, need to donate my bike to Orphan Grain Train. It is a ministry that ships bikes to Africa to be used as transportation. I wonder if the ministry is as aware of the race issue as the people on this thread?

Last edited by Pop N Wood; 10-02-20 at 01:43 PM.