Old 10-03-20, 07:39 PM
Skulking

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by spdntrxi
I didn't say you were illiterate.. just that it is a saying not to be taken literally... " I dont see color" just means race does not matter.For whomever says that, maybe it's true. Get it ? or are you just being difficult on purpose. Peace out.
You as an individual treating everyone the same regardless of race is admirable. The problem with that view is that society does see color. Society does treat people differently based on their race. By not seeing color you are discounting societies treatment of people of color and saying that it doesn't matter because you treat everyone the same. Not everyone is as well adjusted as you and able to treat everyone the same regardless of race. We have moved forward from a time when not seeing color was adequate, and now recognize that not seeing color is something only those with privilege who don't need to live with being treated as less than due to the color of their skin can do. I'm not saying that you treating everyone the same regardless of race is a bad thing. The problem is that it isn't enough for one individual to do that. We as a society need to acknowledge the different experiences of everyone, and accept that some groups have been oppressed by the systems put in place by society and that some people though not all of them intentionally have benefited from that oppression. We as a society need to actively work together to break down those systems of oppression and build a better more equitable society for the future. But until we acknowledge the damage caused by the past there is no way we can move forward into that future.
Likes For Skulking: