Old 10-13-20, 08:22 AM
berkleydriskill

Bikes: 1960s Roberts Cycles Track Bike, 2006 EAI bareknuckle, 2020 6ku urban track, random others built and sold between

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 12 Posts
Unknown 1958-60 Track Frame - Need help identifying

I just purchased a used frame from an elderly gentleman off of Craigslist. I was looking for an affordable track frame to complete my build using leftover new stock components I had from 2 previous builds. At $75 I felt it was a good buy. Upon further investigation, I think I may have stumbled on an incredible find. The frame appears (by some frame components) to be Italian but the frame is not marked by any manufacturer or serial number. There are no markings or labels of any kind aside from the Brev Campagnolo stamps on the rear dropouts. Based on the fork I would assume that the frame was built late 50s early 1960s due to the sand-cast Davis fork-crown which was available in 1958-1960. Being the wealth of knowledge that all of you are, do you have any clue what bike this is and its true worth. I'd hate to put cheap components on it and sell it to later find out I had something truly special. And advice you can give would be much appreciated.
*I plan to take better photos (white backdrop) this weekend but was hoping these attached photos might provide a little info.
Thanks so much!
Being a newbie it won't let me attach photos or a link. Please copy and paste the following to view images of the frame. i.imgur.com/s0TE53D.jpeg or imgur.com/gallery/HWLZ66h