View Single Post
Old 10-15-20, 03:10 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by calamarichris
Alas, no.
1 - Carlsbad, El Autobahn Real, just up the hill from my home
2 - Kate Sessions Park (we've become park aficionados since I got furloughed, and I've proud to say I've picked up nearly a thousand pounds of trash in parks since the covid hit the fan.
3 - Carlsbad, on our way home from a 60-mile ride with my comrade Jimmy from New Hampshire (I think). If it isn't too late, I'd like for Tovareetch Jimmy to come along on my final ride too please. (Dudes' nuts.)

been fortunate enuff to have ridden with comrade jimmy twice. once when he shepherded the entire bike forums ultimate oc ride (like 6 years ago or so and 80+ miles) until the end when the going got hard into the
headwind back to the irvine train station up the 133/laguna cyn corridor and he mysteriously disappeared and maybe a few months before/after that when he and i and like 3 other bike forums dingdongs decided to
crash (not crush) a palomar mtn south grade ride on the weekend. bad idea. good execution. he ripped my legs off near the top of the first big segment before the flat. bastardo. otherwise, he seemed like a genuinely
nice and normal guy. i could be wrong, as usual, but hoping i'm wrong about that. we knead another bf ride. maybe north county sd? i would be honored for jimmy to be along for the ride/destroying the pack on my
last socal ride...prob in the sammos but jimmy admittedly not a fan of the sammos...

nice point loma/cabrillo natl monument pic btw...

Last edited by diphthong; 10-15-20 at 03:20 AM.
Likes For diphthong: