Old 10-20-20, 12:30 PM
degoydegoy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by smashndash
32mm tires for a 140lb rider is quite a lot for the road. I'm not sure you need a bigger tire unless your roads are reeeeaally bad. 45-50 psi is not as low as you can go. I weigh about the same and run 55-60psi in 25mm tires.

With wide rims and TL, 40psi should be feasible but perhaps not much lower. At that point I would wonder if a road bike is the right fit.

Do not fall into the trap of wide rims. Wider rims only help if you're running super low pressure and you're experiencing tire flop. Are you?

You're free to try a bigger front tire like a 35mm Cinturato, Gravelking, or Rene Herse up front. It will probably slow down your handling a bit. But the only reason to get a bigger tire up front is if you're running into pinch flats/rim damage due to low pressures on a smaller tire. If not, just keep lowering the pressure on your current tires.
Not so much that the roads are really bad, but there are some really bad spots, and it would be nice to worry less about them. Thanks for all the input, I'm understanding this better now. I think I'll just try lowering the pressure a bit more, try riding the rough spots and see if the bike feels more stable, and try riding the fast parts and see if it still feels fast