Old 10-20-20, 08:57 PM
TLaurent 

Bikes: CBT Italia, 73 Peugeot, Gary Fisher Joshua, John Deere custom hybrid, K2 EasyRider, Yakota tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts
Why are some vintage Italian bicycles labelled "Super?

Thanks to COVID and being an empty nester, I’ve dusted off my interest in bikes and have begun a couple 70s and 80s Italian builds because those old rides are beautiful and are an important part of bicycle history. I’m learning a lot and realize how little I know and am enjoying the ride. I keep coming across the word “Super” and am hoping that the forum can educate me. There are many frames for sale on the internet for Super versions including Colnago Super, Tommassini Super Prestige, Bianchi Super Corsa, and several less popular brands that seem to have gone by the wayside but deemed including the word Super on the frames to establish a higher level of quality. Does this mean that they were originally equipped with Campagnolo Super Record group sets or does it have to do with the material that the frames were made from? Is it just a marketing ploy or is there real value to Super frames?

Last edited by TLaurent; 10-21-20 at 06:42 AM.