Old 02-14-06, 06:08 PM
cyclesematic
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Habanero Titamium Team, Cannondale Criterium, Team Fuji Time Trial, Specialized Stumpjumper, Little 500 Roadmaster, Schwinn Prelude (1st bike), Schwinn 754 (2nd bike), Marinoni Time Trial Bike, K2 Enemy Cyclocross Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Caffiene Withdrawal. How long?? (Long post)

My doctor has been trying to get me to stop drinking Diet Mt. Dew for a while now. I've konwn all along how bad it has been for me and I was drinking an insane ammount of it to try to stay alert at work (to no avail).

Last week I had a serious bout with the flu Tuesday and Wednesday. I decided to stop cold turkey since tapering off has proven unsuccessful on several occasions. I've been drinking some kind of caffinated beverage since childhood. The headache lasted 2 days (Tuesday and Wednesday). Thursday, I felt like I was still recovering from the flu: Tired, lethargic, slightly achy with a slight headache. The muscular achiness has gone bbut I still have no energy or alertness and a have a constant dim headache.

Has anybody else decaffinated and experienced the effects? I'm hoping to hear somebody else's experiences to compare to my own. Thanks!