Old 10-27-20, 04:04 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
travbikeman would you consider the Conti CrossRide tires again? They look like a "skinny tire" version of the X-King or CrossKing. I have those in 27.5x2.2" on my mountain bike and find them to actually be pretty good large hybrid tires. They roll pretty smoothly on pavement, but also don't have a tremendous amount of off road traction in return.

If looking at some of WTB's stuff, the Nano 40c is usually praised as a good all around tire. I have a few sets in the 2.1" MTB tire size and they're sticky like glue on most surfaces...and roll well on pavement. They do have a bit of a "growl" on the road...I think this is because of all the biting edges on the tread.
I'm keeping options open and have seen a few Conti's I like. Not sure if they are even making the Crossrides anymore, but would be a tire I would consider buying again. But have noticed the Conti Terra Trail seems very similar to the Crossride. That is one option I'm considering.

I'm kind of liking the WTB Riddler's. Have been reading many good reviews of all the tires I'm considering at moment.
Likes For travbikeman: