Old 11-01-20, 11:15 AM
popeye

Bikes: S works Tarmac, Felt TK2 track

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan333SP
Just to update this thread for anyone who ends up searching for covid-related information and didn't see my posts in Addiction, it turns out I developed DVT in one of my legs that is almost certainly a direct result of having had Covid. Have a clot from above my knee to my foot, and I noticed it while on the trainer a few days ago, felt my calf muscle aching and it became swollen, firm, and red. Had an ultrasound the following morning and confirmed my fears, it's a clot. Reason why my doc assumes it's Covid-related is because I'm nowhere near overweight, I remained active throughout my quarantine period (daily walks of at least 45 min, an hour on the trainer 5-6 times a week), and I eat a healthy diet, plus I'm 34 so I'm in a very low risk category for DVT in normal circumstances.

Anyway, it'll keep me very limited on activity for a few months but hopefully no worse than that as I caught it early. Take care of yourselves, mask up in public settings, and please take this virus seriously.
Soo sorry to hear this Dan, best wishes for a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated.
Likes For popeye: