Old 11-03-20, 12:38 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
The social media thing is a well-known problem. Any un-moderated forum, whether it was an email list or a bulletin board or digital comments or now FB - always gets taken over by the nasties. They drive away the vast majority of folks who simply don't need the grief. It's the new normal. An unfortunate result is that this increases polarizations in society, in every subject from politics to health. These animosities cascade down into our daily lives. No one has ever come up with a way to do anything about it except have mods and of course where money is involved the mods may be corrupt. That's why our little corner of the web is such a wonderful place to be - or to hide out today. Thanks, mods!

W/r to this conversation, the number of vehicles who pass me on the road with the passenger shouting, "Get off the road!" is down from what it used to be, years ago. I don't know why, maybe because more bikes are out now.

I also find roads to be safer than MUPs. Roads have rules, MUPs apparently have none. I like rules.